Occasionally I might share some old projects from art school. This is the first post on that theme.
Charcoal, 30″ x 30″, 2008
I’ve displayed this piece a few times. The project was:
- Take photos of small things (leaves, yarn, dirt, etc.)
- Choose 4 photos, and print them out in black and white
- Combine the photos together into quadrants
- Use a magnifying glass to convert that little 2″ image onto a 30″ piece of paper
Still Life Series
Conte, 12″ x 17″, 2008
These are some limes drawn from four distances.
Some Other Drawings
Know your medium! Charcoal comes in many forms (listed from light to dark):
- Powdered (apply and smug and remove with kneaded eraser)
- Charcoal pencils
- Conte (compressed with oil – does not erase well)